Mar-a-Lago gunman branded ‘crazy person’ in White House statement

by dharm
February 22, 2026 · 5:06 PM
Daily Mirror


White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said the United States Secret Service had “acted quickly and decisively to neutralize a crazy person” who had a gun and a gas canister

The White House has released a statement saying the person killed while trying to break into Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort was “crazy”.

In a statement on X, Karoline Leavitt the White House Press Secretary told how “a crazy person” had broken into the president’s home, “armed with a gun and a gas canister”.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said in the post: “In the middle of the night while most Americans were asleep, the United States Secret Service acted quickly and decisively to neutralize a crazy person, armed with a gun and a gas canister, who intruded President Trump’s home.

Ensure our latest headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as your Preferred Source in your Google search settings.

“Federal law enforcement are working 24/7 to keep our country safe and protect all Americans. It’s shameful and reckless that Democrats have chosen to shut down their Department.”

Secret Service officers previously said a white male, aged in his 20s, was confronted and shot dead after he was seen carrying a fuel can and a shotgun during the early hours of Saturday. He was ordered to drop the items, but raised his shotgun to shooting position, which led to two Secret Service agents firing their weapons and neutralising the threat. The man died at the scene.

Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the suspect was from North Carolina and had been reported missing a few days ago by his family.

A statement from the US Secret Service said: “On February 22, around 1:30 a.m., a male in his early 20s was shot by U.S. Secret Service agents and a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) following an unauthorized entry into the secure perimeter at Mar-a-Lago.

“The individual, whose identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, was pronounced deceased. The individual was observed by the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.

“U.S. Secret Service agents and a PBSO deputy confronted the individual and shots were fired by law enforcement during the encounter.

“No U.S. Secret Service or PBSO personnel were injured. There were no Secret Service protectees present at the location at the time of the incident.

“The incident, including the individual’s background, actions, potential motive, and the use of force, is under investigation by the FBI, the U.S. Secret Service, and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. In accordance with agency policy, the involved Secret Service agents will be placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.”

⚠️ Disclaimer: All information provided on MyCabiz is published in good faith for general informational purposes only. MyCabiz does not make any warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information and shall not be held liable for any losses arising from its use. Financial markets are subject to risk, and users are advised to consult a SEBI-registered financial advisor prior to making any investment decisions. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future outcomes.

Suggested Topics: